Take a trip to the breathtaking Colorado mountains to discover the beauty of nature. The beautiful mountains of Colorado are the perfect setting for your next adventure. The Oleo Ranch offers a variety of activities, including horseback riding and mountain biking as well as scenic hiking trails and snowshoeing. Come explore the beauty of Colorado while reconnecting with your family and friends while immersing yourself in nature. The Oleo Ranch offers unforgettable experiences tailored to your specific needs. They offer cabins that are surrounded by aspens and pines so that you can enjoy some of Colorado's most spectacular scenery up close and personal. They have spacious, comfortable cabins - you'll really enjoy your stay!
Throughout the years, their managers have served as the "face" of Oleo Ranch, greeting families from all over the country. The ranch has been home to three and sometimes four generations of families. It is their hope to continue to provide a peaceful retreat to many future generations of families.
The Oleo Ranch is located 18 miles from Lake City on the backside of Slumgullion Pass. They are located between Slum pass and Spring Creek pass in Quite Valley. You can find Oleo Ranch on Google Maps. Located between Creede and Lake City near 10,500 feet, the ranch is surrounded by some of the most beautiful Rocky Mountain scenery. This Oleo Ranch is secluded, has breathtaking views, offers privacy, and provides comfortable accommodation.
Oleo Ranch has the following facilities and amenities:
There are many activities available at Oleo Ranch, and visitors are encouraged also to get a sense of the community. During your stay, there may be many events happening! Here are some of their activities:
1. Fishing - Fishing at Oleo Ranch is a great way to spend your vacation in a private setting. Their guests have access to a private fishery on the property, which includes five stocked ponds and 1.5 miles of a running stream.
2. Hiking - There is a trail for every level of hiker at Oleo Ranch, whether you are a seasoned pro or brand new to the sport. You can choose from easy walks to challenging hikes and challenging climbs. Visit Oleo Ranch and discover one of its hidden treasures!
3. Wildlife Viewing - There are many species of wildlife that can be spotted from your cabin, including mule deer, elk, moose, and bighorn sheep. You can see birds and squirrels by taking a stroll around the area. There are also elks on the highway below Spring Creek Pass for about seven miles.
4. Trail Riding - In Oleo Ranch, a corral is provided with fresh water and basic animal care is provided. Hay and feed are not available. Several beautiful and exciting trails are available for riders of all levels.
5. Sightseeing - Picture-perfect scenery can be found at Oleo Ranch. Discover the brightest stars under the dark clear sky after exploring the breathtaking surrounding mountains.
6. Hunting - Oleo Ranch is surrounded by a national forest, making it a prime hunting location. There are plenty of big game animals in the area, such as Elk, Pronghorn, and Mule Deer, so Oleo Ranch is an ideal place to stay for big game hunters.
Their cabin rates range from $295 to $420 depending on the type of cabin. Their cabins are also pet-friendly.
If you want to discover and explore other campsites and horse trails, here are some of the horse trails and campsites that you may visit:
GUNNISON NATIONAL FOREST - Rough Creek Trail
LA GARITA WILDERNESS - Mineral Creek
POWDERHORN WILDERNESS - Devils Creek and Lake
RIO GRANDE NATIONAL FOREST - Miners Creek Trail 803
Oleo Ranch does require reservations for accommodations. Please visit their page here on Top Horse Trails - Oleo Ranch for more information.